Ontario Sweet Potatoes, Round Plains
- 1 1/2 tsp Pristine Gourmet canola oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 lbs Norfolk County sweet potatoes
- 2 Tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro from Country Herbs
- 1 tsp Norfolk County honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Heat non-stick fry pan; add oil; follow with onion and garlic and sauté until onion is softened (about 5 minutes.)
- Add stock, sweet potatoes, curry, cilantro, honey and ginger.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender (about 40 minutes).
- Combine in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Serve hot in heated bowls.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.