Recipe By: The Circus Room Diner
Everything can be found within biking distance to Circus Room Diner (minus the Sea Salt)
3 Yukon Gold Potatoes (Farmer)
Small Handful of Sea Salt or any seasoning
2 Table spoons of Peanut Oil (Kernal)
1 Cup Fresh Cheese Grated Or Cheese Curds (Jensen)
1 Cup any kind of in season lettuce (Farmer)
1 Cup of any mixed Veggies – Great to Change them up for each season (Farmer)
1/4 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar (Cider Keg)
1/4 Cup of Peanut Oil (Kernal)
1 Clove fresh garlic minced (Farmer)
Preheat oven to 450
1.Cut the potatoes into long strips at least a 1/4 inch or smaller! (so they look like fries)
2.Put the potatoes in a bowl and fill with water. Let the water continue to run until it runs clear and the majority of the starch is off the potatoes. You can do this whenever you have spare time if you don’t want to cook the potatoes right away just keep them in cold water for up to 24 hours! Like if you are making mashed and know you want to have a Poutine tomorrow at lunch!
3. Dry most of the water off of the potatoes. Toss them in the Peanut Oil and lay them on a baking sheet.
4. Bake in oven at 450 for 30 Minutes turn the fries every 10 minutes so they crisp evenly.
5. I love to mix 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of fresh cheese curds!
6. In a bowl toss together your favourite salad I like to use lots of different Veggies in Season! Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Colourful Peppers and Onions are always top on my list when mixing a salad!
7. In another small bowl mix together Apple Cider Vinegar, Peanut Oil and Garlic
Once the Fries are done it is time to layer! First find a nice size bowl put a layer of fries then add salad on top then dressing the repeat! So you have a perfect South Coast Poutine!