Recipe by: Red Ribbon Café, Norfolk County Fair & Horse Show.
- 2 packages oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 lbs cooked butternut squash, mashed
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 large container baby spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 16oz container ricotta cheese
- 1 recipe of your favorite Alfredo sauce or 2 jars of store bought Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups of Jensen’s grated aged white cheddar
To make caramelized onions, combine in small sauce pan chopped onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Cook till soft and caramel brown in colour; set aside. In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese and eggs and whip together, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Take cooked squash and mix in butter, honey, salt and pepper. In 9”x13” baking dish lightly spread thin layer of Alfredo sauce to cover the bottom of baking dish. Lay first layer of lasagna noodles. Spread half of butternut squash over noodles, lay another layer of noodles. Put thin layer of ricotta cheese and spinach. Lay another layer of noodles; put another thin layer of Alfredo sauce and caramelized onions. Repeat layers once more. On final top layer of lasagna noodles finish with even layer of Alfredo sauce and top with grated cheese. Cover and bake at 375˚F for 50 minutes.