Recipe by: The Long Point Bay Anglers
- 7 oz fillets of Lake Erie trout
- 2 tbsp Pristine Gourmet Canola Oil
- 2 lemons
- 6 free stone Norfolk County peaches halved and pitted
- 1 small red onion peeled cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh sage stems removed thinly sliced
- Splash Pristine Gourmet Raspberry infused Wine Vinegar
- Juice 1 large navel orange
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush both sides of the trout with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the onion into half inch wedges keeping the onion root intact, to ensure it will hold together well on the barbeque.
- Drizzle oil on the onion and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbeque for direct medium high heat grilling (375F) (190C).
- Oil grill to prevent sticking.
- Place fish, peaches and onions on grill to cook simultaneously.
- Place the fish flesh side down directly on the grill and cook for 2 minutes or until nice charmarks are achieved. Sprinkle salt on the skin side.
- Flip the fish and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the flesh of the fish starts to lose its opaque colour.
- Remove fish from grill and set aside. The lingering heat will continue to cook the fish slightly after it has been removed. Serve fish hot with peach chutney.
- Place peaches flesh side down on to the grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelized.
- Flip and continue to cook on the skin side for 2 minutes.
- Place onions on the grill and cook on each side 2-4 minutes until they are softened and nice golden char marks are achieved.
- Remove peaches and onions from the grill.
- Remove the petals of the onions from the root and mix into the peaches.
- Add the sage, sherry vinegar and orange juice to the mixture.
- Combine evenly and season with salt and pepper.