Recipe by The Blue Elephant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat (or shrimp)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup heavy cream (I used whipping cream)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons hot curry paste or curry powder
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and peppers, and cook until onions are soft and translucent. Stir in cooked chicken and garlic, and sprinkle with sugar. Cook, stirring for about 3 minutes, then stir in maple syrup, and cook for about 5 more minutes, until caramelized.
Stir in curry paste/powder and cream, and reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
Serve over penne pasta.