Recipe by: Jensen Cheese, Simcoe
- 6 cups Norfolk County zucchini, thinly sliced unpeeled
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites stiffly beaten
- 1 -1/2 cups Jensen’s shredded old or extra old Cheddar cheese
- 4 to 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained, and crumbled, from V G Meats
- 1 tbsp butter (Jensen’s whey butter)
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
Simmer zucchini in salted water until tender; drain and sprinkle with a little salt.
In mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, sour cream, and flour. Fold in egg whites.
Place half of the cooked zucchini in a shallow 2-quart baking dish; top with half of the egg mixture, half of the shredded cheese, and all of the crumbled bacon.
Repeat with remaining squash and egg mixture and cheese.
Melt butter; stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes.