Norfolk County boasts many great musicians and bands that are active today.
- Credits: Jim Atkinson worked with major names in music
- News story: Atkinson family’s connection to Danko family
- James Atkinson’s facebook page
Ian Bell has performed across Canada and in the U.S. since the late 1970s. On his own and with a number of different ensembles, he has appeared at numerous folk festivals (Winnipeg, Mariposa, Edmonton, Ottawa, Yellowknife, Owen Sound, Lunenberg , Montmagny, and others) and in concerts and dances in venues ranging from Roy Thompson Hall and the Lincoln Center in New York … to Randy Haskell’s barn.
“Cindy has been making music from Miami to New York to southern Ontario on her own and with various bands. She has released five independent CDs with various bands: The Baladins, Janes Street (Women at Work), and the Blue Rubies (Home Ground), and 2 solo CDs: Heart of this House and the most recent: Gathering Tales.” – music.cbc.ca
Cathal J. Dodd, Rory Dodd
Amelia Goodlet, Wyatt Goodlet, Adam Goodlet
“Award-winning singer-songwriter Fred Eaglesmith inspires comparisons to icons like Woody Guthrie and Bruce Springsteen, tops the roots music charts, and boasts devoted fans that include a slew of his fellow songwriters.” – music.cbc.ca
- Website: fredeaglesmith.com
- Video: Fred Eaglesmith on David Letterman
- Facebook: The Fred Eaglesmith Travelling Show
“Singer songwriter Rachel Heart has brought her very personal journey, dreams and inspirations into song.” – music.cbc.ca
“Writing and recording since the young age of 19, Tia McGraff’s uplifting, heart-warming songs have been garnering her strong fan exclaim from the start.” – music.cbc.ca
- Website: Tia McGraff
- Tia McGraff North American Fan Club facebook page
- Tia McGraff’s YouTube channel
- Facebook: Felicia McMinn & The Bangs
- Info: Canadian Indie Music
- Article: McMinn wins Norfolk Has Talent
Bruce “House” Milner
- Drummer for Threat Signal, which “combines the complexity thrash metal, with a more contemporary grove sound involving technical rhythms, and melodic musical passages.” – music.cbc.ca
- YouTube: Joey Muha
- Facebook: Joey Muha
- Video: Joey’s popular tribute to Stompin’ Tom Connors, filmed at Port Dover Arena
- Band: Threat Signal wikipedia page
“Rutter combines elements of everything from blues, folk, country, bluegrass and even a little psychedelia to form a riveting stew of emotional sustenance.” – music.cbc.ca
Alison & Darrin Schott
“Darrin and Alison are a picking, singing and song writing duo from South Western Ontario who bring beautiful harmonies and world-class musicianship to their unique blend of country, bluegrass and folk music.” – music.cbc.ca
A blues band based in Norfolk County featuring Marco Wright (bass guitar), Tony Duclos (lead vocal), Red MacArthur (guitar), Ryan Morrison (keyboard), Kevin Robinson (guitar, lead vocal), Rick VanRyssen (drums), Bobby Banks (sax, guitar).
Erin Smith, Wayne Smith
Whiskey For Robots
Simcoe-based rock band featuring Ryan Morrison, Mark Wright, Gabe Atkinson, Brad Voegtle, Willow Stuart.