Waterford is home to tree-lined streets, stately heritage homes, friendly shops, restaurants, business and industry.
Population 3,119 (2011)
Originally called Averill’s or Avery’s Mills, then Sayle’s Mills, then Sovereign’s Mills, this town grew up around Paul Averill’s grist mill on Nanticoke Creek. The large mill pond west of Waterford was created in 1799 when the creek was dammed. In 1816, Job Lodor purchased the mill and renamed the town Lodorsville. In 1826 post office opened under the name of Waterford , possibly named for the county in the Irish Republic . The Canada Southern Railroad, which connected Buffalo and Detroit , passed through Waterford and contributed to its economic prosperity until the decline of rail in the mid 20 th Century. Ginseng, cabbage, tobacco and other horticultural crops grow in the countryside around Waterford . The Spruce Row Museum provides many exhibits highlighting the agricultural heritage of the area. The Waterford Town Hall provides a summer concert series. The beautiful Waterford Lakes are popular for swimming, fishing, boating and picnicking. The Waterford Deer Park is also a popular spot for families. Annual events include the popular Pumpkinfest (October) and Waterford ‘s Chris tmas Past Lantern Tour (November). GPS N42°56.102′ / W80°17.478’
- Email us or call 1-800-699-9038
Local Business Association: