- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potato
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or as much as needed
- Preheat oven to 350°, grease 9” x 13” dish
- Cream together, butter & sugars until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time and stir in vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt and stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the shredded sweet potato. Spread the batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake 30 min. in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients until smooth. Spread over the brownies while they are still warm. They will absorb some of the glaze.
These brownies are moist, delicious and delicate.