Recipe By: Serefina
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon Norfolk County Lavender
- 1 teaspoon salt
- (1 beaten egg white and ½ cup coarse sugar)
- Preheat oven 375
- Beat butter and sugar in food processor for 2 minutes. Add egg and beat for one additional minute.
- Stir in vanilla, salt and lavender. Add flour and beat until just combined. Divide dough in half
- and place on parchment. Shape into 2 logs 1 ½ inches in width. Freeze one hour or until firm.
- Roll logs in beaten egg white and then coarse sugar. Slice ¼ inch thick and place
- On parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 15-17 minutes or until edges are a light golden colour.
Makes 3 – 4 dozen cookies